Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I've been inspired again to blog after watching "Julie & Julia" where Amy Adams's character maintained a blog of cooking her way through Julia Child's famous cookbook. Great movie about two people discovering their passions and working relentlessly towards specific goals.

Since my wife and I made the decision six months ago to switch roles to make me the stay at home parent, I have been "sunsetting" my 18 year corporate marketing career. While my work ethic prevents me from being lazy, unethical or irresponsible, I have been able to enjoy my job more than usual. For example, I wasn't too concerned about last summer's reorganization and I'm not worrying about the next one that will take place in 2013. I've timed my exit until after I receive my annual bonus at the end of June. Until then, I continue to strive towards a good performance appraisal since my bonus amount is determined by that.

So, I have about 100 work days left, net of planned time off for vacation days. While I certainly don't wish time to move too fast because I value it so much, I'm eager to be what I've longed for so long. Through this blog, I'll write about how I'm spending my last work days. This will help me appreciate the remaining time I have left in a career that I've enjoyed and that I've been proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment